...one paper down, one to go...
overall I think my sociology paper was well written..."Deviance Through My Lip: A Norm Breaking of the Girl Next Door."...though I do wish I would've been able to tie in Control Theory and Functionalist theory some more....
school has been killing me--don't get me wrong, its not hard--on the contrary it is quite simple--that is my problem. I go to class, take notes, come back and go on Myspace and Facebook...
my life has seriously started to become a mess...everything was so out of control, I was stuck in a horrible routine...so i took a stance...I needed some rebooting.
I went to Berkeley this weekend [even though I had a sociology paper due on tuesday]--met up with Interested Ladies of Lambda Theta Alpha and went ice skating in Oakland!!! fun fun...lots of falling on my behalf but Faloolah took the biggest fall of the night--she hit her head on the ice..it was hilarious--but apparently it was serious..oops :/
Later we went to go pick up food and headed back to some of the sisters' house. We decided to watch a classic---Mean Girls. Throughout the movie I felt like I was going to explode...I had so many things on my mind and I was such a ridiculously [hot] mess...while watching the movie I had an epiphany---the movie was so revealing..it said:
"when you get bit by a snake you're supposed to suck all the poison out--that's what I was doing: sucking all the poison out of my life."
that was it....I needed to suck out all the poison in my life--I needed to get my life back together. I could not continue living like this.
so as of Monday I have taken a temporary absence from Myspace and Facebook.
I need to use all the time I spend on these websites and do something more productive. With my papers due this week and my finals coming up, I cannot afford to waste time on things:
I have been making other changes in my life--some I'd rather keep to myself, but I know they will help me....
I finally bought a printer, an eyelash curler, a tweezer, make-up wedges, I paid for my school, filled out my FAFSA...
I have been trying to make physical changes as well...i just dyed my hair, and it is EXTREMELY dark...not to my liking but I needed the change---thursday I will go get a haircut---I need to cut all the unnecessary from my life--am doing the whitestrips--and just overall changing for the better--I need one of V's detox teas...i like my life right now...i like having control--
I have some secrets, some crushes, and some feelings.
I have some concerns--i have realized that people with money only have it because they are so stingy with it...my father always taught me to enjoy life and that if I want something, and if I have the means and no other commitments, to go for it....I don't know if this is a good or bad thing--all I know is that if I can--i get...one day I will have more, but until then, I am satisfied....
[although...some designer shades would be AMAZING, daddy?]
today it is all about Voxtrot---"Trouble" and "The Start of Something"---I'm a love letter away.
Dear old boss lady Emily hooked it up...Voxtrot is coming to Davis in May!
ooh...before I forget, last Thursday AFI came to UC Davis Freeborn Hall....I have never been a fan of the band, and besides the catchy "Silver and Cold" I do not really know anything about them...however, I decided to work at the show....all I can say is that it was AMAZING...the energy that the lead singer Davey has was amazing...he is sweet...the drummer [name?] is one horny, self-centered bastard...heh...anywho, the UCD Enterntainment Council got front page of the California Aggie[see below] for our petitions at the concert...and apparently people think that we are responsible for bringing AFI to Davis---awesome!
ooh...also I JUST found out some awesome fun fact: World Renowned for his highly convented shoes, Mr Manolo Blahnik is hispanic!
yay for People en espanol and for Hispanics all up in the fashion world. Carolina Herrera, Narcisco Rodriguez, Lazaro Hernandez [1/2 of genius team Proenza Schouler] anyone? loves it.......
Carrie Bradshaw...eat your heart out....
ooh...found fell in love with this photograph by Man Ray called "Tears" [the one on the left]
ooh...the masquerade formal was pretty fun...hyphy hyphy...here are some polaroids from the event [as well as some random ones of us getting ready]
[before kickboxing]
before semiformal
after..
after
before
before
after--midnight run to AMPM for moldy burritos--so CK.
before
before
before
after
before--yummy thrifty's rainbow sherbert
before
before...dye hair dye
before...hyphy hyphy...
before..
well, i guess that's enough rambling....my recommendation for the day:
Voxtrot!!!!!!!!!!
ooh...kickboxing in an hour...watch out foos..I'm getting good....
catch you on the flip side.....
I'll leave you with a little something fun I found...
'my 80s mommy and daddy...hehe..god I miss my family....peeptoe heels, pumps, and moccasin boots??!!...trendsetters fosho....
-melidee

