Though [as i said in my last entry] I am extremely content right now, and I am realizing things about myself. The only problem with that is that some of those things I do not want to accept. For example, the fact that I am over high school completely and that there are only a select few of my h.s. peers who I would really care to keep in touch with, and they know who they are. Also, I have been analyzing "the scene" and all its components. I've realized that once you begin analyzing things, you can never be a part of it...maybe that is why high school was rather ubiquitous and yet rather insignificant. That is not to say that I believe I am better than high school or any sort of derivation of that. I just never felt like I fit in. High school holds some of my most fond memories, however they are in the past and I have no interest whatsoever to relive it. I'm afraid to make mistakes because life has no backspace like my laptop does. Sometimes I write things here and then I stop, analyze and backspace. With my life and mouth, I cannot take anything back, I cannot erase, there is no magic button. Even with my fear, I find myself with my delicate hand folded over my smiling mouth. I look outside and I see hope. I am happy....
so on Wednesday I went to Malibu with my parents.....it was so much fun!
I realized how much i love going out with my parents. I know that around this time I'm supposed to be embarrassed of my parents and I'm supposed to want to go out with my friends while they stay at home and worry but I've always thought of myself as one of the two: either incredibly mature or incredibly immature...either of the two, take your pick...Nonetheless, I enjoy going anywhere with my parents more than my friends....is that weird?
so Malibu was so much fun, I wore my bathing suit but we only dipped our feet because it was late..we watched the sunset and the surfers...I felt that I belonged there, the beach.
After Malibu we begged my dad to take us to our favorite bakery ever...it's this cute little bakery in downtown L.A. It is in the ghetto but it is the cutest little thing ever because it serves products from El Salvador. My sister and I love chocobananos [chocolate dipped frozen bananas] and milk charamuscas [frozen milk & cinnamon in little baggies]. We got my favorite Salvadoran cheese called Petacon.....yummmmm...so we drove back home and then the next day my dad took me to LA. for my bff angel's three-day birthday extravaganza...
I get to Jesse's house and it was so awesome..I love her family so much, they always treat me so nice...we went to Glendale Galleria to look for a present for Angel. He is officially the hardest person to buy a present for...after a couple of hours, we gave up . I did buy new makeup at Sephora....which I totally feel guilty for..
we went back to Jess's and just chilled for a while..around 8 we began to get ready for TigerHeat...I was kinda excited cause gay club = fun plus my awesome amiga from Davis Wendyyy was going too...so we get ready and we were supposed to be at Angel's at 10 but angel ended up picking us up at almost 11. When we were looking for parking Wendy calls me and tells me that there is a super long line...we get there and she was NOT kidding...the line was ridiculous....minimum of 2 hour wait. So while we were standing there some random guy starts yelling my name and I freaked out then I realized it was Wendy! I went to say hi cause she was i front of the second line [there were two lines]. She told me I could cut and bring my friends but there were like tons of them so the security did not allow them. I went to the back of the line with my friends and just waited.
While in line, I see Suzie a girl I was in Leadership with in high school. She comes over and asks if she can cut, I say yes. So the line was terrible but we were finally at the front of the second line. We get to the first line and I call Wendy to see if she got in. She said that she hadn't and for me and angel to cut. We find her and cut the line...we began chit chatting when a flashlight begins to shine all over our faces. This security guard says "go home" and points at me and angel. We tried to explain but he starts saying "Ladies and Gentleman this is what happens if you cut the line" and he tells us to go home. We were so embarrassed, but angel had a brilliant plan. We go to the second line and tell the security that we went to the bathroom and lost our friends and if we can get in front of the line and it worked.
We finally went back to our friends but we were scared so i took my hair down and took off my bamboo earrings.
We waited another hour and at 1:30am we finally got in. We were there for about an hour and a half...it was hot, sweaty and fun...got to dance with wendizzle and all my friends. I was totally sexually harassed by some nasty skank...eww...
overall it was awesome...after the club we went to 7-11 and drank up cause we were so thirsty..we went home and fell asleep.
next day jess and bummed it...we were supposed to go to an 80s club that night but we were all so tired that we decided to go to Old Town Pasadena to watch Hairspray...It was better than I expected, but the play was more lively. So after the movie we took the metro home. Jess and i got off at the Southwest Museum station and some freaky guy started following us all the way home and there was no one on the street because it was 12:30am...we kinda freaked out and after a while we decided to run it....we got to her house and talked then fell asleep.
the next day we woke up late and bummed it again. Cheltzie lee came over and said that she would take us to Old Town if we got ready in an hour so we did. She picked us up and we headed to Old Town. We were gonna visit her at work but before we needed to get Angel's present. We headed to Urban Outfitters and Jess found a cute sweater for him...We then went to Barnes and Noble. I looked for the new Nylon but it was not there :(
I started reading some travel books on Israel and the new Jane!!!
We then headed to H&M cause I still had not been. I've been waiting for it since it moved from London and NYC but i moved when it opened....i have to say that it was a total disappointment, though i did find some cute stuff..
finally we headed to Cheltzie Lee's work place, Hooters :]
she was so cute...she served us and it was just fun...during it, angel calls saying that we must come immediately, but we had just gotten there so i did not want to leave. I still needed to go to jess's house to change, but opted not to....I looked terrible!!!
Got to angel's party and tried to help.....lots of people came...high school peeps...it was chill. Francis looked so cute with her tummy. People got drunk, we chatted and it was overall really chill....went home at 12:30am [yeah that early] and jess and I just talked until 5am...
the next day we bummed it again and went to Jack in the box for breakfast/lunch...then later grocery shopping with her mom...it was so cute!
we watched tv and my parents picked me up at 11pm...we went to La Estrella tacos yum and I got an horchata and a jarritoss...I love spanish drinks....
the biggest mistake I made in college was take a blow of a cigarette...oh the oxymoron: the glam & the cheapness....
how i crave that oral fixation...I think i'm going to ride my bike tomorrow...it's been a while since susie q has taken a spin...
today: i kind of hate her but ehh...
Fergie "Big Girls Don't Cry"
-melidee

