Thursday, February 14, 2008

alcoholic water bottles and the awareness of singles....

my two favorite places in the world are the beach and the airport....I am currently at the airport and I will soon be at the beach...
so apparently it's valentines day today....whatevskis....I don't particularly hate the holiday, but I don't particularly like it....I think I just don't care...
anywho, I am headed home for the long weekend....I really needed this. I am so exhausted and I really need some time away from Davis, just to get back in the mood. I am ridiculously exhausted. I feel like I have not had a break in forever, all I do is work and school. I don't even have time to eat....I starve myself most of the day and then when I have time to have my one meal a day, I buy disgusting things. I finally had meat yesterday, I really missed it. Too bad my love for dairy impedes me from too much meat.

So I've really missed my social life and just life outside of work so yesterday EC had their annual Singles Awareness Night Dance Party and Date Auction and my roommate and I decided to volunteer....that is just what we needed, a good Wednesday night out. We threw on our cocktail dresses and headed over, but of course we needed something! We threw some alcohol in our water bottles and went to Sogas....I know, so totally high school, right? Yeah but let me remind you that I am not 21 yet PLUS we were going to work the door soooo we could not afford to get caught.

so the gist of it? It was amazing! There were about 600+ in a place that fits MAYBE 300 at most! It was such a success....and the best part? We were totally in charge....because we were part of EC we got our own special place to dance, we got to pretty much own the place, it was such an awesome elitist thing! So of course with Luke and Thongxy + all the EC crew, we were destined to have an amazing time....and we did, from seeing everyone at the door to dancing in the jam-packed place, it was sooooo amazing...just what I needed, ya know? I also saw many cute guys, and omg I saw a familiar face....it was quite awkward/interesting...lets just say that alcohol was involved, but when isn't it? blah blah (I know it sounds lame and pretentious, but it's the whole you have to be here to understand thing)
Anywho, I totally fell for a certain someone that night....and all I gotta say is that I refuse to date anyone who is younger than 22 but preferably 24 and a grad student! ;)

yesterday was just such a fun night & now today I get to go home, so I'm hoping that these two events will replenish my soul from all the drainage of work/school.

I really hope I get to see my besties this weekend, and just enjoy it before I have to head back to midterms and papers. I really love school right now though...
Inshallah that everything will continue to go wonderful....

my flight should be here in 10 mins....I'll post a more interesting post sometime this weekend...

I'm way too lazy too upload them all so for pics of Sogas go here:

SANpics1

SANpics2





Today? The Beatles always make me feel so good.

God Blsss

-melidee